Main Purpose of Role
You will be responsible for leading and motivating a small professional team. As a champion of quality, you will manage your team to drive the quality performance at the Bedford manufacturing site. The emphasis of the role will be on further developing quality and food safety systems in order to meet and exceed customer and legal requirements, whilst working with all relevant colleagues to ensure their total commitment to the highest possible food safety and quality standards. You will also contribute to the on-going continuous improvement across the site, solving any technical related problems, employing trend analysis and providing solutions for quality improvements. You will work in conjunction with the site Production Manager and other functional heads of department.
- Responsible for the sites quality standards and supporting its continued ability to produce products to the specified quality standards.
- Oversee the development of the QA Supervisor and team.
- Owner of the sites traceability system, following up your teams challenge testing to defined customer requirements and frequencies.
- Management of the sites product quality assessment programme to ensure continued improvement.
Skills & Knowledge
- Demonstrable leadership and people management skills
- Excellent communicator with strong oral and written communication abilities, who can influence throughout all aspects of the business
- The ability to liaise with people at all levels and to ensure delivery of work on time
- Ability to make pragmatic decisions and solve problems based on a data-given process
- Ability to carry out specific tasks with minimum of supervision;
- Proven planning and organisation skills with good attention to detail
Education & Qualifications
- HND or BSc or MSc in food related discipline such as Food Science or similar science discipline is required.
- Minimum educated to a good standard of education with GCSE’s grades A – C in both English and Maths; relevant A levels or equivalent
Please apply now
Lantmännen is an agricultural cooperative and Northern Europe’s leader in agriculture, machinery, bioenergy and food products. Owned by 25,000 Swedish farmers, we have 10,000 employees, operations in over 20 countries and an annual turnover of SEK 45 billion (approximately EUR 4.3 billion). With grain at the heart of our operations, we refine arable land resources to make farming thrive. Some of our best-known food brands are AXA, Bonjour, Kungsörnen, GoGreen, Gooh, FINN CRISP, Schulstad and Vaasan. Our company is founded on the knowledge and values acquired through generations of farmers. With research, development and operations throughout the value chain, together we take responsibility from field to fork. For more information: www.lantmannen.com/en.
Lantmännen Unibake is a leading international bakery group with expertise in frozen and fresh bakery products for food service and retail, serving consumers around the clock and across the world every day. The aim is to make bread a profitable business for customers through high-quality products and innovative solutions – always based on a sustainable mind-set and excellent food safety standards. Lantmännen Unibake operates 35 modern bakeries around the world with headquarters in Denmark. The brand portfolio comprises a range of well-established brands: Hatting, Schulstad, Schulstad Bakery Solutions, Schulstad Royal Danish Pastry, Bonjour and many more. Lantmännen Unibake has a turnover of EUR 1.1 billion and employs 5,800 people in more than 20 countries. www.lantmannen-unibake.com/